The Australian Government has recently introduced new Medicare items for psychological treatment by registered psychologists. All Psychologists at the Practice are registered Medicare providers.
The following illnesses can be claimed under the medicare scheme.
- Psychotic disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Phobic disorders
- Anxiety disorder
- Adjustment disorder
- Sexual disorders
- Conduct disorder
- Bereavement disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Panic disorder
- Alcohol use disorders
- Drug use disorders
- Sleep problems
- Attention deficit disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Co-occurring anxiety and depression
To claim sessions you must be referred by a G.P or Psychiatrist. If you wish to receive a rebate from medicare, follow this simple process.
- Request that your G.P. or Psychiatrist provides a written referral under a "G.P. Managed Care Plan or the GP Mental Health Care Plan".
Eligible patients can receive:
- Up to 12 individual sessions rebated at $78.40 per session in a calendar year. Your referring doctor will assess your progress after the first six sessions.
If you do not have a G.P., Vanessa can recommend you to several in the area that are all up-to-date with Medicare Rebates and referrals to Psychologists. If you wish to claim your first session, you will need to see your G.P. before your first appointment.
The full payment of your account is made at the time of your appointment.
A detailed receipt will be provided to you. You will then take this receipt to your nearest Medicare office, for your rebate.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact my office on 0414 311 365.